The first battle competition for the new games pulls together Pokémon from two regions. This online competition is available for anyone with Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon, a Pokémon Trainer Club membership, and wireless internet connection.
The competition will be in the Double Battle format, and any Pokémon from the Johto or Alola Pokédexes may enter (regulations).
Two Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born from 2003 onward. This division is limited to play only from 6:00AM to 11:00PM in their country's most eastern time zone.
Masters Division: Born in 2002 or earlier.
Begins: Thursday, December 7th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Thursday, December 14th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Begins: Friday, December 15th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Sunday, December 17th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Results and Participation Prize
The results will be announced in December. All qualified entrants — those who have completed at least three battles — will earn 50 Battle Points.
|Rules of the competition, taken directly from the official website:|
|"• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Eligible Pokémon are restricted to Pokémon found in the Johto and Alola Pokédexes.
• Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and all Mythical Pokémon cannot be used.
• Items are allowed, but Trainers may not have duplicate items in their Battle Team.
• Register four to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens."
Are you planning to participate in this competition? Which Pokémon do you plan to use?