Well here it is, the one I have mentioned repeatedly in the Challenger's clan. I've finally stopped procrastinating and started with the story.
No need for descriptions, let's just get on with it
1. Whatever type you choose, you can ONLY use that type for the whole playthrough. You may NOT switch mid-game; if you choose electric, you're sticking with electric until the end!
2. You may not use two Pokémon from the same evolution family. If your type is grass, for example, you cannot use both Vileplume and Bellossom.
3. Make sure the type you choose has a good variety of catchable Pokémon to choose from in your game.Different games have different accessibility to types, so try not to choose a type that's way too limited for the game you're playing. (Example: You definitely do not want to choose Fire for your Pearl Monotype, but it'd be fine for a Black 2 Monotype.)
4. You may use a Pokémon who is not the type you chose, but is going to be in the future. For example, if your type is Flying, you can start with Charmander and keep it because it will eventually be a Charizard, which is part flying.
5. Yes, this means dual types are completely allowed!
6. If your starter isn't (and never will be) your type, you can still use it, until you are able to catch a Pokémon of your type. Then your starter must be released/permanently boxed.
7. You are allowed 2 trades total for each Monotype challenge. This includes trading from another game to obtain a Pokémon you couldn't normally get until later, in-game trades, and trading over Pokémon you can't normally catch in that game as well. (Trading solely to evolve your Pokémon does not count toward this rule and is always permitted.)
In an unknown building in Unova
“Experiment: 89% complete.”
“Good. How much longer?”
“Approximately 10 more hours.”
“They’ll find us by then. Is there any way to speed up this process?”
“No, the boy is too resilient. The machine is at full power.”
“We must finish this, or our plan will fail. He is the bane of Kyurem.”
“Of course, Lord Ghetsis.”
“Experiment: 97% complete.”
“They’ll be here in about an hour. One of the Shadow Triad says that he’s seen one of the seven near this place.”
“Of course, Lord Ghetsis.”
Suddenly, the door burst open, as a Pikachu unleashed a massive Thunderbolt at the monitor, which read 99% before it exploded. Ghetsis sent out Hydregion, but a trainer came in and sent out a Blastoise, which used Ice Beam, sending the frozen three-headed dragon flying into the wall, destroying one of the support beams. The building shook.
“The building’s unstable!” Ghestis’ assistant yelled.
The mysterious boy said nothing, and went up to the bed, where a boy about 13, lay, eyes open but blank. Only the whites could be seen, staring at the ceiling, expressionless.
“Stop! Who are you?” Ghetsis drew a small pistol and aimed it at the boy.
“………” Pushing the bed, as it was on wheels, he ran out. Ghetsis fired, but the mysterious boy ducked, and Ghetsis cursed as the building started to collapse.
“We can get rid of him later. Get the hell out of here now!” He shouted at the assistant, who was furiously packing all the equipment.
“My lord, these are invaluable!”
“Then stay here with them forever, idiot.” Ghetsis ran out, leaving the assistant behind, and shut the door. The assistant ran up to it, but it was tightly shut and he couldn’t open it by brute force.
“****.” He swore, as the ceiling collapsed on top of him.
2 days later, in a hotel in Heahea city
“… and he was confirmed to be dead. Judging by his uniform, forensic scientists say that he could be part of the evil Team Plasma, who were active 2 years ago in Unova. He was alone with a lot of machinery in the abandoned warehouse, and it seems that he was somehow locked in. Traces of blood have been found, and are being DNA tested right now.” The news reporter explained.
“Great, now they’re going to find Karate.” One of the people in the hotel room groaned.
“But he’s managed to stay anonymous for the last couple of years like us, Aevis.” A girl replied.
“You think? Alain and Red have been in the spotlight recently. I was extremely famous a year ago. You’re known for your achievements in Reborn City, Alex. Leaf and Dawn stayed under the radar quite well, but they have made the news a couple of times. It’s about time Karate is famous.” Aevis retorted.
“He can stay anonymous, at least until he beats Ghetsis. If what our allies say is true, then the whole world is in danger, not just Unova.” Alain kept ranting on, but stopped as he realised no one were listening.
“I suggest that we let him redevelop his skills, place him in Nuvema or heck, even Aspertia.” Leaf suggested.
“I agree, although I say Aspertia, only because Professor Juniper’s assistant is set to go there in a couple of days.” Alex said. “Speaking of, is he awake yet?”
“No.” Dawn walked in after checking on Karate. “He seems to be in pretty brain dead. Heart rate is stable, blood analysis says that he was injected with a dose of unknown drug which made him brain-dead for a couple of days. It should wear off in about 18 hours. If what I heard is right, we should prep him ASAP.”
When Karate woke up in the middle of a city, he knew something was wrong. Nobody paid any attention to him. Some were wary, as if he was a beggar planning to ask for money. Karate stood up, stretching his arms, and looked around. In a dazed state, he realised he couldn’t remember anything. He could remember his name, though. However, where he was from, what he was doing, all those were a mystery to him.
He strolled around the city, trying to figure out where he was, and learned of the city’s location, what region and the gym leader. He climbed up the stairs to the lookout, and saw a lone girl standing there.
“Hey, where in the world is Unova on the global map?” Karate asked.
Instead of answering, the girl replied, “Oh, you must be Karate. Professor Juniper asked me to give a Pokemon to you. Apparently, someone told her that you were supposed to be a great trainer, and I agree, judging by who your mother is, but let’s get to the point. Pick a starter.” She held out a box in front of her, and with a couple of seconds with fidgeting with the lock, it clicked open. I decided to go with the left Pokeball, but when I tried to open it, a sharp pain in my head suddenly appeared and I dropped the Pokeball, and blacked out.
“Oh dear, are you okay?” The girl asked. I nodded, as I woke up as fast as I had fainted. I got up, and carefully placed the dropped Pokeball in the box. I chose the middle one this time, and had no problem opening it.
“It’s a Tepig.” I grinned. “I’m calling you Reuben now, buddy.”
After receiving a Pokedex and some suggestions on where to go, I decided to check out Flocessy Town. However, when I went down the stairs, a boy was waiting for me.
“You got a starter? So have I. Let’s see whose is better!” He shouted. I sent out Reuben, while the blue-haired boy send out an Oshawott.
“Tackle!” I ordered. It hit hard, landing our first crit. He ordered his Oshawott to attack too, but it barely did anything.
“Finish it off with tackle!” I ordered again. It hit Oshawott again, and it landed another crit. Oshawott was down. Reuben also levelled up.
“Lucky.” The boy grumbled.
Also, sorry if it's a little short, but I actually planned out my updates. Next one will be longer, I promise! (It would've been longer if it wasn't for the underwhelming battle)