We will be archiving Azurilland on November 8th, 2018. On this date, the site will become read-only. Thanks for your patronage through the years!
Azurilland was shut down on November 8th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-11-01 at 17:01. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.
But my list would be Pichu, Cleffa, Magby, Mantyke, Happiny. There's not many Baby Pokemon to choose from and most of them don't look cute or don't make sense as Baby Pokemon to me (Riolu feels unnecessary).
I'll keep an eye on this thread more and try and submit for future lists!!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us. AMA | AID
Hey guys! Since Kaity has exams this October, I'll be sorting out the submissions for this month for her. Please submit any lists to me (Thundawave). In the spirit of Halloween, the topic this time is your top five favorite ghost Pokémon!
Spoopy friends in the hot seat:
*If you feel like you can only write one sentence about a Pokémon, that is fine. Do keep in mind though, if you want to be featured in the article, to write a minimum of three complete sentences per entry.
*Deadline is the 23rd.
*Pokémon will be ranked individually, not by their evolution lines. However, Mega Evolutions will be considered alongside their normal counterparts.
1. Misdreavus & Mismagius- Misdreavus has such a cool design and it evolves into the equally fabulous Mismagius. I love that it has high speed, special attack, and special defense, and Wil-o-wisp to cushion physical hits, plus Mismagius has a really good episode in the Sinnoh anime. Also, it's a Medusa head that evolves into a witch.
2. Gastly, Haunter & Gengar- This mostly applies to Gengar, but Gastly and Haunter are great too. The original ghost type line has always been useful, and overall time only made it better. Gengar as a Pokemon is so fast and hits so hard, its great at countering Psychic types like Alakazam, and in the anime Haunter is absolutely hilarious. Gastly is very frustrating to use in-game, but when you evolve it into Haunter, it's totally worth it.
3. Mimikyu- Mimikyu is very special for a number of reasons. First, it has an amazing Ghost-Fairy dual type, and it's a great set-up sweeper in competitive. It also has amazing lore. Mimikyu is a very lonely Pokemon, and when Pikachu merchandise started becoming popular about 20 years ago, it decided to disguise itself like Pikachu to make humans like it. It's so adorable, and I can understand Mimikyu's fear of loneliness.
4. Pallosand- Pallosand is terrifying, but I think it and Sandygast are absolutely adorable. Pallosand stands out to me for a few reasons; it has a very spooky design, it has great stats for walling, and it has good moves to back up its role as a wall. It also has really creepy lore; its in-game Pokedex entry says it lures people and small Pokemon in and kills them, leaving the bones inside its sand-castle outer shell. Pallosand is a fun Pokemon to use and I really like it.
5. Giratina- Giratina was one of my earliest power fantasies. Sinnoh was the first region I played in, and Giratina was one of the many ultra-powerful legendary Pokemon in the region, but it was always my favorite part of the creation myth. Pokemon Platinum is, in my humble opinion, the ultimate Pokemon version, and Giratina is such a major part of that. Its high speed and attacking stats make it amazing at dealing damage, especially when combined with the Griseous Orb to boost its STAB attacks' damage. Plus, its the only Ghost type legendary from before Gen 5.
It was hard to just pick only five favourites but I guess it turned out pretty nicely. The ones I picked were: Mismagius, Decidueye, Banette, Chandelure and Gengar. Oh, and thanks a lot for putting some of my entries.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Twin arteries flow with the pulse of one mighty heart.