Now that you've beaten the game...
After you've beaten the game, there are so many more options that open up to you throughout the Unova Region. I plan on covering them all in time, and will have this guide finished by October, but updates will be slower to this section so I can work on other things important to the site.
However, I've got a list of some of the things you can do now that you've beaten the game, so go on and check some of them out! Most notably, I'll list all of the Pokemon you can get, since there are a whole ton of new (and old) Trainers you can fight that it would turn this list into a huge page.
Pokemon Swarms appear!
- > View the in-depth page! <
- Swarming Pokemon change from day-to-day, and you can see on any of the bulletin boards between routes what area is being affected by a swarm. Go on over to that area and you'll be likely to run into a Pokemon that was previously inaccessible!
Challenge Alder in Floccesy Town!
- > View the in-depth page! <
- Alder uses an Accelgor L60, Bouffalant L60, Conkeldurr L60, an Escavalier L60, a Braviary L60, and a Volcarona L62.
Get a free Eevee with its Hidden Ability!
- You can get a free Eevee with its Hidden Ability from one of the people in Fennel's Lab to the west of the Castelia Gym.
Catch Cresselia on the Marvelous Bridge!
- If you've gotten the Lunar Wing from the Strange House, you'll find Cresselia on the Marvelous Bridge. It's at level 68.
- There's also a guy who will sell you a Magikarp for $500 on the bridge as well.
Visit the older areas!
- Some of the places you can visit now are the Skyarrow Bridge, Nacrene City, Pinwheel Forest, Striaton City, Nuvema Town, the P2 Lab, and Twist Mountain.
Catch Heatran in Reversal Mountain!
- You need to first pick up the Magma Stone hiding on Route 18, then you can bring it back to the room you and Bianca were looking in during your trip through Reversal Mountain.
- Inside, you can fight a Heatran at level 68.
Get yourself White Kyurem or Black Kyurem!
- > View the in-depth page! <
- You'll first need to return to Victory Road, where that Zoroark blocked your path earlier. Now that you've beaten the game, you can proceed through into N's Castle, where you can fight N using either Zekrom L70 (Black 2) or Reshiram L70 (White 2).
- After beating him, you'll return Zekrom or Reshiram into either the Light Stone or Dark Stone, which you can take to its home at the top of Dragonspiral Tower to have a chance to catch it.
- Zekrom (Black 2) or Reshiram (White 2) are at level 70.
- After catching it, you can return to the Giant Chasm's cave where Kyurem was to have another chance at fighting it, except this time, you can actually catch Kyurem. It's at level 70 now, though.
- Once you've caught or beaten Kyurem, it will give you the DNA Splicers key item, which you can use to fuse Kyurem with Zekrom to create Black Kyurem or Kyurem with Reshiram to turn it into White Kyurem. You can use the item again to unfuse the two. Apparently you can't fuse to make both Black Kyurem and White Kyurem at the same time, though.
Catch Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie!
- After beating the game, a cavern will open up on Route 20 up a waterfall. Inside, you'll find Professor Juniper, and she witnesses the three lake sprites wander off. Once they've done that, you can go track them down to catch them.
- Mesprit can be found on the top of the Celestial Tower and requires you to step on a certain spot directly south of the bell. It's at level 65.
- Azelf can be found on Route 23, over by some stairs near the boulder puzzle. It's at the southern edge of the forest, to the southeast of a Hiker. It's at level 65.
- Uxie can be found right outside of the Nacrene Museum. It's at level 65.
Get an Archen or Tirtouga!
- In Nacrene City, you can enter the Museum and talk to Lenora and she'll give you either the Plume Fossil or the Cover Fossil, which you can revive into Archen and Tirtouga respectively.
- There's also the Green Shard Move Tutor in Nacrene City, which has a lot of interesting moves, as well as the powerful Outrage.
Catch Latios (Black 2) or Latias (White 2) in the Dreamyard!
- Over in the Dreamyard, east of Striaton City, you'll run into either Latios (if you're playing Black 2) or Latias (if you're playing White 2). They'll run off and force you to chase them down. They're at level 68 and are pretty nice. There's also a Soul Dew available after you've caught them.
Catch Regirock, Registeel and Regice in Clay's Tunnel!
- Remember that tunnel that was closed off in Driftveil City? Well, you'll be able to enter it now, and it leads to Clay Tunnel. At the end of Clay Tunnel, you'll find Regirock after solving a puzzle (I'll explain this better later on). It's at level 65.
- After catching/beating Regirock, it will unlock a Unova Link Key based on which version you're playing: the Iron Key is unlocked in Black 2 while the Iceberg Key is unlocked in White 2. These change the room that Regirock is in based on which Key is activated. You can use IR to transfer keys, too.
- If you have the Iron Key (Black 2) activated, you'll be able to find Registeel at level 65.
- If you have the Iceberg Key (White 2) activated, you'll be able to find Regice at level 65.
Catch Regigigas in Twist Mountain!
- Bring Regirock, Registeel, and Regice down to the basement of Twist Mountain and you'll awaken Regigigas, who is at level 68.
Get a Shiny Gible or Shiny Dratini!
- In Black City or White Forest, after beating Benga at the top of the Black Tower (Black 2) or the White Treehollow (White 2), you can return to Alder in Floccesy Town to find Benga visiting.
- He'll give you a level 1 Shiny Gible if you beat the Black Skyscraper and Benga at the top. Benga uses a Latios L80, a Garchomp L80, and a Volcarona L80, making him very difficult to defeat.
- He'll give you a level 1 Shiny Dratini if you beat the White Treehollow and Benga at the top. Benga uses a Latias L80, a Dragonite L80, and a Volcarona L80, making him very difficult to defeat.
Catch a Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve!
- After you've seen all of the Pokemon in the Unova Dex (297, not counting Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect), you'll be able to receive the License from Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town.
- With that, you can talk to the attendant in the Mistralton Airport and she'll arrange for a plane to take you to the Nature Preserve, where you'll find a whole ton of interesting Pokemon in the wild.
- Most importantly, though, you'll find a Shiny Haxorus at level 60 sitting there for you to catch. Nice!