When you arrive, you'll see the boat, but then Hugh will show up from behind you. Suddenly, everything will go dark, leaving you thinking it was a trap! Turns out it was just Marlon, who managed to jump aboard and brought out the boarding plank for you to climb on. After some talking, he'll head off, leaving you and Hugh free to board the Plasma Frigate.
Once you're aboard, you'll have to fight a Team Plasma Grunt. He uses a Watchog L46 and a Garbodor L46. The two Grunts will run off to the south afterwards, while Hugh leaves off to the north in search of Zinzolin instead.
Follow Hugh to the north and he'll head inside. There's two Plasma Grunts in there that you'll have to team up against. The male Grunt has a Golbat L46 and a Drapion L46, while the female Grunt has a Seviper L46 and Garbodor L46. Hugh leads with his fully-evolved starter Pokemon at level 50, which should be great, unless you started with Oshawott (then it will be a Serperior and will be the victim of super effective attacks). He'll replace his Pokemon with other Pokemon on his team if his starter gets knocked out, making this an easy fight.
After beating them, they'll scurry off, but then, depending on what game you're playing, you'll have to deal with a different puzzle.
Plasma Frigate (Black 2)
Before Hugh runs off, he tells you that you need to deactivate the barrier by flicking four switches, and they can be found in the basement right near the door you entered. You won't be able to pass through the barrier until you do so.
Head to the basement, right south of the barrier room, and you'll find some Plasma Grunts down there. The first one won't fight you, but the one on the left will and uses a Krookodile L47, while the one in the right uses a Drapion L47.
- The top-left room has a Plasma Grunt with a Garbodor L47 and another one in the room uses a Whirlipede L46 and a Watchog L46.
- The top-right room has a Plasma Grunt in it, although he won't fight you; instead, he'll tell you that you can use the bed there to heal up your Pokemon. Crazy as it sounds, don't worry, it's not a trap and you can feel free to use it to heal. Be sure to pick up the Magmarizer in the corner of that room.
- The middle-left room has a Plasma Grunt that shows you pictures of both Reshiram and Zekrom, which counts them as being seen in your Pokedex.
- The middle-right room has a Plasma Grunt with a Weezing L47 and another Plasma Grunt, although he has a Krokorok L46 and a Raticate L46.
- The bottom-left room has a Plasma Grunt using a Pawniard L45, a Pawniard L45, and a third Pawniward L45, plus there's another Plasma Grunt that uses a Scraggy L46 and a Liepard L46.
- The bottom-right room sounds an alarm as soon as you enter. There's a Plasma Grunt over in the corner with a Deino L45, a Deino L45, and a Sneasel L45.
There are also teleporters in all of these rooms. They'll teleport you all around, but you're going to have to find the right four teleporters to take you into the rooms with the switches. That's what you've got me for, though!
- The first switch can be accessed from the teleporter in the top-left corner of the top-left room.
- The second switch can be accessed by going into the middle-right room and taking the top-left teleporter.
- The third switch can be accessed by going to the bottom-left room and entering the top-left teleporter.
- The fourth and final switch is accessible from the teleporter in the bottom-right corner of the bottom-right-most room.
Once you've triggered all of these switches, you'll disable the barrier and can return upstairs to pass through it.
Plasma Frigate (Both Versions)
Once you've disarmed the barrier, you can head over to the teleporter, which leads you up to a room with Zinzolin and another Plasma Grunt. He'll introduce you to the Pokemon, Kyurem, which he's managed to catch inside of a gigantic cage! That's what caused the ice missiles back in Opelucid City.
After a little more discussion, Hugh shows up and teams up with you to take on Zinzolin and the Plasma Grunt!
||Team Plasma Zinzolin||$10800|
||Team Plasma Grunt|
Hugh will use the same Pokemon he used earlier, meaning he's packing his fully-evolved starter. If you started with Oshawott, his Serperior will probably get knocked out pretty quickly, so use that time to focus on taking out Zinzolin and the Grunt's Pokemon, knowing that Hugh will likely replace it with a much more useful Simisear afterwards.
Once you've beaten them, you two will exchange words, but then the Shadow Triad will appear teleport you away, leaving you to watch the Plasma Frigate fly off! Yikes!
You and Hugh will be left on the beach, though Cheren will show up afterwards and tell you that he saw it head over towards the Giant Chasm. You can find the way in there from Route 22, which you visited earlier.
Well, now it's time for you to make your return to Route 22 and then head into the Giant Chasm at the very back of the route!