The 2014 April Friendly Wi-Fi tournament for Pokémon X & Y has just been announced, giving Pokémon players a chance to battle in an online tournament setting without much pressure of winning or losing — there aren't any prizes, but you will be ranked based on how well you do.
You'll need to make sure you have a registered account on the Pokémon Global Link and have Game Synced with your copy of Pokémon X or Y. Registration for the 2014 April Friendly is from April 17th at 00:00 UTC to April 24th at 23:59 UTC — click here to help figure out what time registration is where you live.
The tournament itself runs from April 25th at 00:00 UTC until April 28th at 23:59 UTC.
|Pacific Time||Apr. 16th, 4:00pm - Apr. 24th, 3:59pm||Apr. 24th, 4:00pm - Apr. 28th, 3:59pm|
|Mountain Time||Apr. 16th, 5:00pm - Apr. 24th, 4:59pm||Apr. 24th, 5:00pm - Apr. 28th, 4:59pm|
|Central Time||Apr. 16th, 6:00pm - Apr. 24th, 5:59pm||Apr. 24th, 6:00pm - Apr. 28th, 5:59pm|
|Eastern Time||Apr. 16th, 7:00pm - Apr. 24th, 6:59pm||Apr. 24th, 7:00pm - Apr. 28th, 6:59pm|
|Western European||Apr. 17th, 12:00am - Apr. 24th, 11:59pm||Apr. 25th, 12:00am - Apr. 28th, 11:59pm|
|Central European||Apr. 17th, 1:00am - Apr. 25th, 12:59am||Apr. 25th, 1:00am - Apr. 29th, 12:59am|
|Eastern European||Apr. 17th, 2:00am - Apr. 25th, 1:59am||Apr. 25th, 2:00am - Apr. 29th, 1:59am|
|Australian Western||Apr. 17th, 7:00am - Apr. 25th, 6:59am||Apr. 25th, 7:00am - Apr. 29th, 6:59am|
|Australian Central||Apr. 17th, 8:30am - Apr. 25th, 8:29am||Apr. 25th, 8:30am - Apr. 29th, 8:29am|
|Australian Eastern||Apr. 17th, 9:00am - Apr. 25th, 8:59am||Apr. 25th, 9:00am - Apr. 29th, 8:59am|
|Other Timezones||Click Here||Click Here|
The summarized rules for the 2014 April Friendly are as follows:
- You can register 3 to 6 Pokémon in your Battle Box.
- All Pokémon in any of the Kalos Pokédexes are eligible for battle, including Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Mewtwo.
- However, all Pokémon must be Kalos-native, meaning Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex that were transferred using Poké Transporter are not allowed.
- Pokémon found in the Friend Safari are allowed, so long as they are also in one of the Kalos Pokédexes.
- At the start of each battle, you'll choose 3 of those Pokémon to battle with in the battle, after seeing your opponent's full team of 6 in the Team Preview.
- Each battle is a Single Battle with a 30 minute time limit.
- All Pokémon become level 50 for the battle.
- No two Pokémon may hold the same item.
- No two Pokémon may have the same National Pokédex #.
- Players may battle up to 20 times in the 2014 April Friendly per day.
You can find the full rules and details on the 2014 April Friendly Regulations page of the official Pokémon website.