A new competition is approaching fast, trainers: The Kanto X Alola Region Rumble! It will be available for anyone with Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, a Pokémon Trainer Club membership, and wireless internet connection.
This competition will be in the Single Battle format, and all Pokémon must either be from Alola (Pokémon Sun/Moon) or Kanto (Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow).
Two Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born from 2002 onward. This division is limited to play only from 6:00AM to 11:00PM in their country's most eastern time zone.
Masters Division: Born in 2001 or earlier.
Begins: Thursday, March 9th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Thursday, March 16th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Begins: Friday, March 17th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Sunday, March 19th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Results and Participation Prize
The results will be announced in April. All qualified entrants — those who have completed at least three battles — will earn a Pidgeotite (Mega Stone) and a Steelixite (Mega Stone).
|Rules of the Kanto X Alola Region Rumble, taken directly from the official website:
|"• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Players may use only Pokémon from the Kanto and Alola region Pokédexes.
• Mewtwo, Mew, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna cannot be used.
• Mega Stones are not allowed.
• Items are allowed, but Trainers may not have duplicate items in their Battle Team.
• Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Three of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC."
Do you plan on participating, trainers?
Let us know down below! We'd love to hear from you.