International Challenge May is right around the corner! This online competition is available for anyone with Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, a Pokémon Trainer Club membership, and wireless internet connection.
The competition will be in the Double Battle format, and all participating Pokémon must be in the Alolan Pokédex.
Two Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born from 2002 onward. This division is limited to play only from 6:00AM to 11:00PM in their country's most eastern time zone.
Masters Division: Born in 2001 or earlier.
Begins: Wednesday, May 17th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Thursday, May 25th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Begins: Friday, May 26th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Sunday, May 28th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Results and Participation Prize
The results will be announced in June. All qualified entrants — those who have completed at least three battles — will earn a Tyranitarite (Mega Stone), Abomasite (Mega Stone), and a Manectite (Mega Stone).
|Rules of the International Challenge May, taken directly from the official website:
|"• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Eligible Pokémon are restricted to those that were caught, traded, hatched from Eggs, or received as a Mystery Gift in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Each Pokémon must have a black clover symbol on its Summary page. Players may use only Pokémon from the Alola Pokédex. Only the Alola form of Pokémon with regional variants can be used.
• Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna cannot be used.
• Mega Stones are not allowed.
• Items are allowed, but Trainers may not have duplicate items in their Battle Team.
• Register four to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC."
Are you planning to participate in this competition?