Another online competition is on the horizon for late July trainers, and this time, only Pokémon with five or more weaknesses may participate! This competition is available for anyone with Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, a Pokémon Trainer Club membership, and wireless internet connection.
The Weakness Cup will be in the Single Battle format.
Two Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born from 2002 onward. This division is limited to play only from 6:00AM to 11:00PM in their country's most eastern time zone.
Masters Division: Born in 2001 or earlier.
Begins: Thursday, July 20th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Thursday, July 27th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Begins: Friday, July 28th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Sunday, July 30th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Results and Participation Prize
The results will be announced in August. All qualified entrants — those who have completed at least three battles — will earn the following Mega Stones:
|Rules of The Weakness Cup, taken directly from the official website:
|"• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Eligible Pokémon are restricted to National Pokédex No. 001 through 799 with five or more weaknesses. Mythical and some Legendary Pokémon cannot be used.
• Mega Stones are not allowed.
• Items are restricted to Weakness Policy and any Berries that lessen the damage taken from supereffective attacks (for example, Babiri Berry, Charti Berry, or Occa Berry). A Trainer’s Battle Team may not have duplicate items.
• Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC."
Are you planning to participate in this competition? Have you decided which Pokémon you'll use?