The next online competition for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon limits trainers to using only Pokémon that may mega evolve! Choose your partners wisely, trainers, for only one of your six registered Pokémon may enter battle.
This online competition is available for anyone with Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, a Pokémon Trainer Club membership, and wireless internet connection.
Two Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born from 2002 onward. This division is limited to play only from 6:00AM to 11:00PM in their country's most eastern time zone.
Masters Division: Born in 2001 or earlier.
Begins: Thursday, September 14th, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Thursday, September 21st, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Begins: Friday, September 22nd, at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST / 4:00PM PST / 00:00AM UTC.
Ends: Sunday, September 24th, at 6:59PM EST / 5:59PM CST / 3:59PM PST / 23:59PM UTC.
Results and Participation Prize
The results will be announced in October. All qualified entrants — those who have completed at least three battles — will earn 50 Battle Points.
|Rules of the Mega Melee competition, as stated on the official website:
|"• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Eligible Pokémon are restricted to Pokémon that can Mega Evolve.
• Mythical and Legendary Pokémon are not eligible.
• Duplicate Pokémon are not permitted.
• Duplicate items are not permitted.
• Items are permitted, including Mega Stones and Z-Crystals.
• Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Only one of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team can be used during each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select one Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 30 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC."
Are you planning to participate in this competition? Let us know in the comments below!